Art and creativity that shape modern culture.
The arts are essential to the human experience. And the thinking, challenging and questioning that they inspire are at the core of a Carnegie Mellon education.
Our conservatory-inspired programs — integrated within a major research university and combined with a vibrant and unique interdisciplinary environment — spur creativity in our students and faculty, which leads to achievements on stage and screen; in galleries and communities; in the structures where we live, work and play; and in the very fabric of our culture.
Just imagine what these creative visionaries will do.
Arts & Creative Inquiry
By advancing our work in strategic areas of creativity, we’ll ensure that artistic expression at CMU is even more collaborative and inventive.
With your support, we will:
- Spark new collaborations among artists, scientists, humanists and engineers.
- Enable artists, performers and designers to create the next generation of great works within a modern-built environment.
- Foster the integration of design thinking across the university.
- Make a CMU education accessible for exceptional student artists, architects, designers and performers, no matter their financial circumstances.
- Increase opportunities for the CMU community to engage with the arts and take the lead in expressing, designing and advancing the human story.
You can inspire artistic expression that explores the human story.
Help us make it possible
Provide faculty with funding that empowers their creative endeavors and teaching goals, and assist CMU in recruiting the most talented artists
Fellowships and Scholarships
Open a CMU education to all students regardless of their financial circumstances, and help build a student body that challenges and fuels creative endeavor.
Renovated and Transformed Facilities
Develop spaces for learning, making, creating and performing that enable students and faculty to do their best work and prepare them to enrich a rapidly evolving world.
Seed Funds for Interdisciplinary Projects
Support projects that push boundaries and cross disciplines to create work that tells humanity’s stories in new ways.
Advance the innovation in programs like IDeATe, BXA Intercollege Degree Programs, the Design Center and the Entertainment Technology Center.